Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How to prepare your placenta into capsule form

To cook, wash excess blood from the placenta. Place it in a steamer over water. Place with it fresh ginger slices, half a lemon and a hot pepper.



Steam for 15 minutes, turn, and steam 15 more minutes until no juice comes out when pricked with a fork. (Steam over low heat, it has a tendency to boil over and that's a mess.) The membranes and cord may be cooked with the placenta. It is helpful to turn the placenta to "Schultz," i.e., wrapped inside the membrane when you cook it. It will shrink tremendously, and wrapped in the membranes makes it easy to deal with for the next step.





After steaming, slice the placenta in 1/8? strips, similar to making jerky. Slice as thin as possible.



Place the strips on a cookie sheet (over aluminum foil if you're squeamish) and place it in an oven on the lowest possible setting for several hours until completely brittle-dry. (Again like jerky) When you're baking the placenta, be careful not to get them too burnt. I think I didn't watch the heat on this placenta. It looks abit burnt.





Powder the strips in a coffee grinder.



Encapsulate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May i know what hot pepper did u use?

Waylander said...

Hi, I'm a writer and I would like to hear from you, because I'm working on an article about placentas, and you seem rather well-versed in the art of preparing it for consumption.

I would be very grateful if you are kind enough to help!

Please follow-up with me on tanyihui@sph.com.sg.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Germany - what can you use the placenta capsules for? My daughter is already five months old, so I wouldn't need something that helps my postpartum contractions etc. but I thought there were more indications...
Thanks, Laura

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.